Protein pancakes with blueberries: A healthy and delicious breakfast recipe
Protein pancakes are a great way to start your day off with a healthy and satisfying breakfast. They are packed with protein, which can help you feel fuller longer and reduce cravings throughout the day. Protein pancakes are also a good source of fiber, which is important for gut health.
This recipe for protein pancakes with blueberries is easy to make and delicious. It is also gluten-free and dairy-free, making it a great option for people with food allergies or sensitivities.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup protein powder (vanilla or unflavored)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- In a blender or food processor, combine the oats, protein powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend until the oats are finely ground.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and almond milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray or add a small amount of butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, honey, yogurt, or fruit.
- For fluffier pancakes, let the batter rest for 5 minutes before cooking.
- If you don’t have a blender or food processor, you can grind the oats in a coffee grinder or pulse them in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- You can use any type of protein powder you like. Vanilla or unflavored protein powder will work best in this recipe.
- If you don’t have almond milk, you can use any other type of milk, such as cow’s milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
- To make the pancakes vegan, use a vegan protein powder and plant-based milk.
- You can add other toppings to your pancakes, such as nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, or whipped cream.
One serving of protein pancakes with blueberries contains approximately:
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 6 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
- Carbohydrates: 30 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
Protein pancakes are a healthy and delicious breakfast option that can help you start your day off right. They are packed with protein and fiber, and they can be easily customized to your liking.